I cannot believe another year has come and gone. 30 was a great year, It was a year of self exploration and discovery. I opened myself to more opportunities, friendships and some career changes. In summary, I feel grateful for where I am in my life even though there are times, I wished I could be doing better or have achieved more. However, I am confident that I am finally in a place where I finally have full control of my life.
I sometimes wish I could go back and tell my younger self some pieces of advice, but then I wonder, if I had done anything differently would I be in this place, in this space and have achieved what I have? Would have I achieved more or would everything just be the same? Nevertheless, I feel these tips would have been very helpful for my 21 year old self:
- Fear less, worry less, let go and let God
- Live a little. Enjoy the moment, lighten up, it’s okay to open yourself to new experiences
- Take a chance on love,
- Be Brave
- Let people in. Sometimes that comes with pain and the risk of getting hurt; but there is love, kindness, joy, and long lasting friendships that could make life so much more memorable
- Perfection is not attainable, do the best you can, how you can.
- Stop Procrastinating. Stop putting off major decisions, meet them head on and take control of the decision you make, otherwise, you will just let life happen to you.
- God is always on your side.
- Stop waiting for the perfect moment to do something, make every moment special.
- Baby, you will be okay.